RE: FWD: SUVs Again!

SUVs again!

 I would like to add my $20.00 to the SUV discussion.
 I won't give a history of the design and marketing of SUVs, I only want to
 make a few observations on why I drive one so.......Let the flames begin!

 Let me say this about that!

 I drive Alfas and an SUV! I love my Alfas ('84 spider and GTV-6), had 'em
 both since almost new!
 My year-round vehicle is a '94 Ford Bronco with part-time 4 wheel drive
 and a 351 CI V8.

 When I was younger I bought this liberal crap about smaller is better
 regarding motor vehicles!

 Well the fact of the matter is: if you wanna get killed on modern American
 roads drive a Civic or a Corolla or some other tiny transportation
 appliance!

 Where I live (Central Massachusetts) the traffic is murder, in larger
 urban areas it's ahelluvalot worse, and far too many drivers drive with
 their head up their ass.

 And another huge problem we have here (flame away!!!!!) is the vast number
 of recent immigrants from third world countries with no automotive
 tradition of their own, who now have driver's licenses and are making the
 roads more dangerous than they ever were!
 You wouldn't believe half the suicidal shit they pull on the roads around
 here!!!!!

 What do they drive: POS front wheel drive transportation appliances. I
 have come too close too often, while commuting in my beloved spider, to
 getting whacked by an oblivious driver in an econobox. For my own safety I
 now only drive my Alfas to Cruiz Nights, car shows, and on the occasional
 country tour!

 Now we can add all this to winter driving here in New England where these
 same idiots think  that:
                   a. Front wheel drive doesn't require snow tires.
                   b. Front wheel drive also doesn't require tires with any
                      tread at all!

 At least in my Bronco I can drive around 'em and get home! Don't want to
 talk about all of the hours I spent stuck in traffic in a raging snow
 storm (before I had 4X4) because some stupid asshole at the head of a line
 of cars is stuck in snow because his tires are bald!!!!!!!
 So please no more smug/elitist remarks about SUV drivers, if you don't like
 SUVs or their drivers keep it to yourself - many of us have been forced into
 them!

 Regards to all,
 Roger