RE: Alfetta bleed screws

Don

I'm told that, if the bleed screws don't unscrew easily, the trick is to
apply high heat (like from an oxy-acetylene torch) for about 20 secs to the
area of the caliper into which the nipple is screwed. Use a small flame and
work carefully, of course. I'm unsure whether anything cooler than the
oxy-acetylene will work.

Instead, you could try some penetrating oil a few days before you try
unscrewing it. When you try to loosen the nipple, use a six-sided socket and
work very carefully. If the nipple's suppose to be 6 mm and there is lots of
rust, remove the rough rust first.

nk

Nick Koleszar   koleszar@domain.elided
outgoing mail scanned for viruses by Norton.
1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.0
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 3.0 QV
1993 Mini
1990-ish Rotax 125cc/Gbox kart