FS: 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quad, w/hardtop

For Sale:

	1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio
	190200 miles
	Silver with black canvas top
	Original silver hardtop included!

Car is in *top* mechanical condition; extensive repair work completed
recently includes:

	- complete engine rebuild by Luigi at Monza Motors in San Francisco,
	  including *NEW* cylinder head, new water pump, new motor mounts,
	  machined intake cam, new exhaust cam, machined rods, all new valves
	  and valve guides
	- new water pump
	- new transmission mount
	- new fuel pump relay
	- new Bosch main fuel pump
	- new in-tank "pusher" fuel pump and filter sock
	- new rear trail arm bushings
	- new front suspension bushings
	- new Ansa exhaust
	- brand new Robbins top w/hand-rolled binding professionally
	  installed as of 11/2001
	- radiator re-cored

(The engine rebuild alone totaled over $5000 of work. The engine
rebuild was done at 176000 miles; Luigi describes the rebuilt engine as
having "another full life" ahead of it.)

Driver's side interior door panel completely refinished; replaced warped door
panel board with new custom-cut, waterproofed board, with original door panel
covering.

Alpine CD head unit installed in 2000.

Passed CA smog check (w/flying colors) on first try in July 2002; this
smog check satisfies CA law requiring seller check car near time of sale.

Body is in good condition. Abraded region and two small rust spots on trunk
(from previous owner). Tiny dent in hood with crack in paint. Paint is fading
in a few places, but the car still looks great.

Worn original seats were replaced with other set of original Spider Quad seats
in very good condition from another Spider Quad in early 2002.

Car has been serviced by Monza Motors, Britalia, and Roger's Autoworks.
No expense has been spared in the car's maintenance, as the above list
of work attests! The car has been my dependable daily driver all the three
years I've owned it.

Asking $5000 firm. Reason for sale: my departure from Bay Area for Pittsburgh,
PA, and desire to see the car remain in CA with a loving owner, rather than
come with me and be eaten by salt in the eastern winters. (And I'll need a
car that handles better in snow back east, of course.)

Car is located in Berkeley, CA. Send email to bkarp@domain.elided to
make an appointment to see.

-Brad, bkarp@domain.elided
86 Spider Quad, daily driver [breaks my heart, but sell I must]