Pat Braden

I was about to reply to one of the posts when I read Lew's very sad
notice that Pat Braden has passed away.

I'm certainly not trying to embarrass anyone except perhaps myself but
recently received a notification from Lew that a number of 'older' /
'original' members were upset by one of my postings. I'll admit my
attitude was more than somewhat flip.

Doubt strongly if one of the complaints was from Pat, but it certainly
brought home how much we all owe those who have (sorry to be maudlin)
poured their hearts out for the Alfa marque. Certainly Pat did. True, he
made it somewhat of a business, but my god, what good information.

Yeah, I have his Weber book, certainly the 'Alfa Bible', and also his
Abarth book which he co-wrote with Greg Schmidt. And, yeah, I was sort
of a Pat Braden groupie, though I never mentioned it the few times we
talked.

Others certainly knew him much better than myself, but to repeat, we
need to appreciate those who've made such an effort to understand our
Alfas and in turn are willing to share their knowledge.

From my tiny corner of the world...thanks much Pat...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA