Removing AC

    My 77 Spider had AC installed early on.  The air pump was removed
(good) to make room for  the compressor, but the condenser, in front of
the radiator, seems to rob engine cooling efficiency (bad).  Also, the
compressor required the installation of an additional pulley and belt
forward of the water pump pulley to drive it (also bad).
    The latter fact is bad because it leaves me only 2 1/2 inches of
space (between the radiator core and the AC pulley) to install a slim
electric fan (Hayden 3680), which requires 2 5/8 inches, plus an ideal
one inch between the fan assembly and the engine.
    I'm told I can't install the fan in the pusher mode because of the
AC condenser, and, as detailed above, I can't seem to install it in
puller mode.
    I think I'm put to the option of (i) putting up with inefficient
cooling with the original belt-driven fan (and an AC system that I never
seem to use), or (ii) removing the AC system so I can install the
electric fan.
    Does anyone have any ideas?  Does anyone have the AC installation
instructions, which I could use as a guide to disassembly?  (An Alfa
publication on "directions for checking and recharging" the AC came with
the car, but doesn't have what I need.)

Doug
77 Spider
Richmond, Virginia

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]