Crane ignitions

Has anyone successfully fit one of the Crane optical ignitions onto
a Marelli "big cap" (advance weights above the points) distributor?
It looks like the advance weight plate has to come off, but it also
looks like it's peened to the shaft.

Since I suspect the answer is "don't bother", would anyone care to buy
an unused XR700 kit from me ($100, $40 off IAP's price)?  I presume it
will fit a small cap distributor just fine.  From the looks of the kit,
it should fit a Bosch, too.

james montebello
in search of pointlessness