'69 Electrich Tach/Intake Help?

Hi there,
I'm putting the finishing touches on a rolling restoration of a '69 round-tail
spider,
with a 2litre twin-Weber engine. The rpm gauge is an electric Jaeger, with
three
terminals in back. One has no wire connected to it, the second is connected
a ground, and the third to the ignition coil. The gauge is pretty inaccurate,
and
becomes useless above 4,000 rpm. I'm assuming it doesn't use a mechanical
tach cable as the engine is a later 2-litre model...

So, how do I fix the inaccuracy? Do I send the tach to a specialty shop? If
so,
where?

Next, the 2-litre appears to have been coverted over to a Euro-style setup,
with
2 DCOEs with an airbox on top of them, shaped to extend over part of the
engine
with an oval inlet. I don't have an air filter. There appears to be part of a
clamp on the other side of the engine bay as part of what looks like a round
filter
bay.

My question is: What filtration setup goes with this? Where would I best
acquire one?
Is running w/o filters really that bad?

Lastly, the car has on it a crappy exhaust that's rusting. I called Centerline
but
they're out of ANSA dual-tips. Any recommendation for a throaty exhaust that
sounds/looks
good + would bolt onto the center-section?

I live in Virginia.

Best,
Philip Hahn