Need part (correction)

I incorrectly described the solenoid as a motor in my earlier post.
My question is regarding the linkage that transfers the movement of the
solenoid to the engagement of the pin on the front of the camshaft sprocket
housing, (The pin on the front of the camshaft sprocket is the pin that
blocks an oil passage to engage the cam advance).
There seems to be no physical or hydraulic connection form the solenoid to
the camshaft sprocket  pin. The solenoid does function correctly.
Can someone with extensive knowledge of the VVT linkage on an 86 series 3
Spider please contact me on/off digest.
Thanks,
Kurt Incledon
AROSC