Re. Digest 1049

Glad to see more people waking up to the damage, both environmental &
physical, caused by those trucks called SUV's.  And, don't forget the damage
to the roads - 6,000 # vs Alfa's c. 2,000 # makes a big difference in wear &
tear on our roads too.

Reminds me of a mother-trucker in town who drives her monster Japanese truck
around (usually empty except for her) with a big "I Love America" sign &
flag.  Does she EVER think that:   1- by buying foreign she's expressing
love for Japan?  2 - By wasting fuel she's supporting the Arab
oil-producers?  3 - And, with the damage to the environment (air, noise
pollution) she's thumbing her nose at America?  Not a chance!

As to why these truckers are so slow around turns - it's simple.  They are
(slowly) waking up to the reality of the laws of physics - top-heavy
vehicles like trucks will roll over a LOT easier than a low car like an
Alfa.  Our local papers have often had accident photos of trucks upside down
after minor accidents.

Norm Sippel
Currently no Alfas, only photos of Alfas I've owned & those I lust after.
It's just a question of time before one of my British cars morphs into an
Alfa.