Greenhouse gasses

The major one is water vapour. Hydrogen fueled vehicles produce mostly this. Hydrocarbon fueled vehicles produce some of this. Carbon Dioxide is another less impressive greenhouse gas, hydrogen powered vehicles produce none of this, hydrocarbon fueled vehicles produce quite alot. Methane is pretty aggressive as greenhouse gasses go, cows produce alot of this, so do certain elements of humanity after a fatty meal.

There are NO vehicles which produce no greenhouse gasses, except those powered by solar power or exclusively nuclear electric (i.e. battery powered vehicles recharged exclusively by nuclear generated electricity). Reduction of greenhouse gasses is only possible if fuel consumption is reduced, or solar power or nuclear power is used exclusively, we stop eating fatty foods and reduce the number of cattle we grow.

Thought for the day: we are still in the Pleistocene age which is when the ice age happened. (There were lots of ice ages but the one people mean by "ice age" is the last one.) The last ice age ended??? about 10,000 years ago. The earth is still warming up after the ice receded. The ice age is not over it is just warmer than it was, but it is still a lot cooler than the Earth has usually been.

No one alive today is smart enough or knows enough to attribute current observed warming trends to anything we are doing, or not doing. Chances are excellent that we are having no material effect upon a warming trend well within normal cycles for this planet.

If you are concerned, drive less, or use a more fuel efficient vehicle. For my part, I intend to do my best to delay the onset of the next ice age.

Cheers

Michael

(PS California is a wacky place man)
Michael Smith