RE: Still mo' Superchargers, EFI, Twin Sparks

So now we speculate on reality...  Not easy.  But anything can be done for
money.  I'm sure for the right price, Jim would be happy to sell a turbo
header or a blower bracket for a specific package...

Dave J. suggested a kit using a Vortec.  We use those a lot here at work,
for toys, and they are very nice.  But from what I read on their web page,
their smallest blower still isn't that well suited for a 2.0l engine.
Perhaps its something that can be worked around, however.

And while I'm giddy with the performance of our Turbo engine (it was fun
watching John Hoard autocross it this past weekend- that thing really
moves), I still think the easiest street installation would be a small Eaton
blower.  And with the more modern small units, they are pretty quiet- our
customers hate the noise...

As Dave pointed out, for that kind of increase, 6-8psi is all you need.  And
at those pressures, you might get away without charge cooling.  That would
be optional.  On top of that, compression ratio does not have to go down
that far- you should be happy with 8.5:1 and run premium fuel.

With that kind of increase, you might be able to also get away with using
the stock clutch with some minor improvements....

The big issue is that NO package you find will have any emissions
certificate for it.  The maker would have to certify the package for that
specific model.  For a Camaro, it wasn't painless, as there are many people
who would buy the kit and pay for the paperwork.  You are not going to be
that lucky with the Alfa...

As for the computer, SDS will fit the bill- no computer required.

Conceptually, I've done this project many times in my head.  Mostly trying
to figure out how to make it cost less than $1k when I'm done.  Which means
that I'll be making WAY more compromises than most people will on something
like this.

Eric Storhok
Core Emissions and Fuel Economy Team
Advanced Powertrain Engineering