She cannah take tha' mooch pawr-r-r, Cahptain!

Esteemed ALFA Colleagues,

Correct me if I'm wrong (surely someone will) but by the description of the
circuit it seems to me that
the only current carried by the high beam circuit is coil current for the
relays which should be mA.
The bulk of the current is carried buy the individual wires, fuses and
relays for the headlights and Aux
lights themselves. If this is the case there should never be an instance of
blowing the high beam circuit.
I agree with whomever suggested 10 AWG wire for 30 Amps but 100W/12V=8.3 A +
75W/12V=6.25 A
for a total of 14.58 A per 20 Amp fuse and 12AWG wire,  all worst case @
12V, sound reasonable?
Now, with 12 AWG wire easily good for 20 A there is no problem in this setup
other than for some reason
the relay coil current appears to be exceeding 20 Amps ????
Unless there is a short or some sort of miswire. The only fuses that might
blow are the two feeding the lamps
but they shouldn't unless there is the aforementioned fault.
I've heard no mention of them blowing, only the main headlamp circuit.
Wiring Check!

Dave Partridge
Component Engineer
CNT