ZF tranny and syncros

I'm alittle confused.  The sticker on the trunk of my Milano Verde says "gearbox ZF" does that mean the Milano trans is ZF design, Alfa built?  Why does the Spider sticker also say "gearbox ZF"?

I just thought Alfa's had ZF trannies like the other cars and that since other auto makers don't seem to have syncro problems it must of been the material used in Alfa trannies.

Then I have another question why doesn't Alfa use a ZF trans?

Alan
88 Milano
87 SPider Quad