Fw: RE:What is proper spark plug gap with electronic ignition?

----- Original Message -----
From: John Fielding <johnf@domain.elided>
To: Kevin Trent <trentkc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 9:22 AM
Subject: RE:What is proper spark plug gap with electronic ignition?

> Hi Kevin,

 The use of a larger plug gap when using a high energy ignition system is quite common.
To allow a greater spark front the gap can be opened up.  The idea is that with a more
potent  spark the higher voltage available can usefully be used to start the flame front
burning
over a larger area, hence the recent introduction of 3 and 4 point ground electrodes
(Bosch and NGK being two manufacturers using this technique).