Clutch conversion parts

Fellow Alfisti,

First, I must thank you all for all of the sage advice I have read in
my lurking on this mailing list.

My (car's) problem is this: Back in the last 1980's, a couple of
previous owner's ago, my 1969 Spider 1750 was converted to
a 2000 cl engine.  In this conversion, the easy path of inserting
the 2.0 litre, clutch, gearbox, and all, was the route taken. As
you might recall, the location of the adjustment for clutch free
travel was moved when Alfa switched from the 1750 to the 2000
engine.  On the 1750, the adjustment was on the slave cylinder
push rod. On the 2000, it was moved over to the master cylinder
side.  As you might imagine, my car is equipped with the 2000-
style slave cylinder push rod (without adjustment) and the 1750-
style master cylinder. This leaves me without any mechanism for
adjusting the clutch free travel.  This was not a problem until the
master cylinder developed a leak and I had the clutch hydraulics
replaced.  Now, with the new hydraulics, I cannot get the clutch
adjusted such that there is _any_ free travel and the clutch does
not fully engage, leading to severe slipping.

After weighing the options with my mechanic, we have figured
that the best possible approach is to install the 1750-style linkage
on the slave cylinder side.

Now the crux of the matter: parts.  We apparently need the following:
the push rod that connects the slave cylinder to the release fork,
the release fork itself, and the retainer device (clip, spring?) that
attaches the release lever to the throw-out bearing.  None of these
appear in any of the local parts cars.

First, do we have our diagnosis and treatment correct?  And second,
can someone out there point me to a source for these parts?

Your help is appreciated.

Karl
1969 Spider 2000? round-tail in eastern Iowa
kfhoech@domain.elided
(remove the "NOSPAM" to get a valid email address)