Alan's burning synchromesh question

If I remember correctly what I've heard, the synchromesh material used in
early 911s is the same as the synchromesh material used in Alfas.

Tess

> On that note I too wonder why 2nd gear on Alfas are so weak?
These are ZF trannies that are used in MB, BMW, Ferrari, and many other
makes that don't seem to have this 2nd gear syncro problem.  Could it be
that Alfa says o.k. "ZF, you'll have build a tranny that cost $X" and ZF
uses cheaper material to offset the costs? >