Forney Museum

Colorado Alfisti,

As most of you have read in the newsletter, we have a tour of the Forney
Museum of Transportation coming up this Saturday, August 10th.  The Forney
Museum has over 500 exhibits relating to historical transportation including
antique cars, trains, carriages, bicycles, and who knows what else.  The
general tour is starting at 11:30 a.m.  Its a great reason to come out and
see the exhibits and catch some local Alfas in the parking lot.  For once,
you don't even have to wash your car to bring it out!
http://www.forneymuseum.com

For those like me who have been escorted out of museums for being a bit too
'interactive' with the displays, there is an opportunity to actually get
some hands-on time on the displays in the Forney museum...well sort of.
Starting between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., the Alfa club has volunteered to
dust the displays in the museum.  The people at Forney will be providing
coffee, donuts, and cleaning supplies.  This is a great opportunity to give
back to the automotive community.  So if you've ever wanted to climb all
over a historic locomotive or dreamed of being a museum janitor, now's your
chance!  (No there will be no cleaning of bathrooms.)  If you are interested
in volunteering, please email me before the event at
lawrence.gowin@domain.elided or call me at (720) 855-0762.

Map to the Forney
http://www.forneymuseum.com/basicinfo.htm#map

Cheers,