Dhifting gears

Jeffrey, There is no secret about my method of shifting gears up or down
without damage to either clutch or transmission.  I do not intend to
describe in detail the technical numbers of engine-gear-revs or when
they occur.  When I shift gears up or down with no crunching or lurching
or any slippage of any kind there is no damage being done.

I have competed a great deal in my '71 Spider, putting on over 150K
miles and never replaced the clutch or had to repair the tranny.  I used
the same procedure in my Giuliettas, Giulias, A;fettas, GTV6s and
Milanos and 164 5 speed. I have never yet had to replace a worn out
clutch or fix a transmission.  My first Alfa was a NEW 1958 Giulietta
Spider followed by some 20 NEW Alfas, lost count   Every one saw plenty
of time trials and autocross as well as VERY aggressive street daily
driving (plenty speeding tickets) I hate to be beaten at traffic lights!
I am not bragging, just confessing, finally.  Best regards to all.  Fred