Ventilation in a Berlina

Neither the eyeball vents nor the foot well vents pass air in my 72
Berlina.  I know the eyeball vents are supposed to be fed through the
scuttle, but where does the air for the foot well vents come from?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for the easiest way to get into the
eyeball vent air passages?  I don't have the cardisk for the 70's cars,
but the one for the later Spiders has a procedure that requires
disassembly of parts of the dash, removing the windshield trim, and
unbolting the scuttle.

I'm frying in the car now, but I don't want to do a major tear-apart
until after the season is over.

-Jim Murphy
Northboro, MA
72 Berlina