V6 bottom end questions

digesters,

while reinstalling a cylinder liner on my 2.5L i
managed to break an oil control ring. my heads are
finally back together, but i am now preparing to dig
into the bottom end of my engine. my pistons and
liners have ~90k on them and look good (save a bit of
pitting from a bent valve), so i am thinking that i'll
just hone the liners and install new rings (hastings).

the question is: should i bite the bullet and do other
things while i am down there, like the oil seals, main
bearings, etc? if i do, what special tools do i need
(e.g for the crank pulley, flywheel and bearing caps)?
any pitfalls i should be wary of?

thanks,
ethan schartman
'87 milano gold (undergoing major surgery)
princeton, NJ
http://health.yahoo.com