Caribou...what's the deal?

Quite a few complaints past and present about Caribou
including very long delivery times and confrontational
customer service.

The irony is he just solicited business via a e-mail
special promotion offering 10% off and including a oil
change kit at no cost as long as supplies last.

Supposedly it was SO successful the special was extended
a extra day?

I've never been able to get through by telephone.  The
number is always busy.  Seems like there are few if any
favorable things said about Caribou on Alfa Digest.

Not meant to bash, it's just that he has a few items at
good prices I would like to order.  I just want to make
sure I'll get them in a timely manner without hassle.

Comments?