Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 Spider Veloce

At 06:55 PM 8/6/2002, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:03:27 EDT
From: GModelle@domain.elided
Subject: 2nd gear synchros

Esteemed Digesti,
I'd like to know why the second gear synchro is so prone to early retirement.
If you look at the tranny internals, there is no diference between the second
gear assembly and any of the others, one through five. So owing to the
collective understanding of this shifter-shortcoming, has anyone ever
suggested a cure? Titanium synchro rings? Radical gear lightening? What is
the present thinking?

Modelle in Somers Point