From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Bill Bartlett
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 6:46 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Spica Spider idles high

Hello Everybody:

I have a 71 Spider 1750 with original Spica injection. I bought the car in
Lake Tahoe (6000' elevation) and live and drive the car in the South Bay
section of LA (0' elevation).

At altitude, the car seemed to run fine, if sluggish. At sea level, the car
idles hat about 1500 rpm when warm (but runs like scalded dog).
Fundamentally,
it makes sense that the increased air density would cause the higher idle on
car that has no sensor and computer to compensate.

Question is this: Is there a simple adjustment to make to bring the idle
down?

Thanks,
Bill