Missing digests - Infected by viruses?

My apologies for the lack of Alfa content, but I'm not getting all of the
AD's at my office, and this problem is probably affecting others.
Hopefully some of the computer gurus on the list might find the following
info useful in tracking the problem.

I suspected a few weeks ago that I wasn't getting all of the ADs.  I
confirmed this with a parallel subscription to my home e-mail.

Over the last week or so, here are the ADs that I have received at my work
e-mail:

948, 949, 950, 952, 955, 956, 957, 959, 960, 962, 963, 965, 966, 967, 968,
969, 970, 971, 972, 973, 974, 975, 977, 978, 979, 980, 982, 983, 985, 986,
988, 989.

Following are those that I have missed at work:

951, 953, 954, 958, 961, 964, 976, 981, 984, 987.

I have received all ADs in the above series at my home e-mail address, and
I've been through the missing ones carefully to try and find a reason that
they don't get through.  Nothing is obvious (not to me anyway), except for
AD 958 where there is a post called "here is my new game" that looks like
the text that accompanies a virus.

The server where I work has pretty strict firewalls, and it not only stops
viruses, but will even block an e-mail containing text that is known to
accompany a virus, but apart from 958 with the "new game" text, I can't see
any reason why they won't get through.

I have forwarded some of the suspect mails from home to work in the hope
that I will get a bounce-back message that explains the problem, but the
e-mails don't get through, and our server doesn't seem to send bounce-back
messages any more.

The system at work is a PC network running Lotus Notes for e-mail.  At home
I have an iMac using Outlook.

Again, apologies for the lack of Alfa content, but I'm sure that I'm not
the only one being affected by this.

Cheers,
John Wiltshire

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing and using the information.
Please contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.