Castor bushings for Milano

Looking to replace the old rubber rushings at the front castor rods on my
Milano verde.  Seems there are 3 choices, stock rubber, polyurethane like
Alfa Bill sells (used to sell?) and changing over to a ball joint from a 105
as suggested on the ARA website.
Basically, I'm looking for suggestions.  I'm talking weekend street driving
and some autocross, here.  How difficult is the ball joint installation and
how harsh would it be?  Is it reversable?  Otherwise urethane seems a good
compromise.  All experiences appreciated?

Tony Brucia
Long Island, NY