Re: flywheel alignment

Esteemed Digesti,
A manual depicts an alignment mark on a Giulia flywheel to corrospond to the
No. 1 and 4 rod journals. The flywheel I am attempting to unite to a
crankshaft has no visible markings. It is a later-year flywheel that has a
vestigual ignition timing pin, now removed. Can anyone help me with some
advice on whether or not the flywheel should be mated to the crank in any
particular relationship?

Much obligededly,

Greg Modelle in Somers Point