Supercharging

Hello All -
I can't remember where I read it, but I remember seeing a calculation of the
amount of power required to run a hypothetical electrical fan operated
supercharger. I believe that given the efficiency of
mechanical->electrical->mechanical conversion that it would require more
than the entire engine output to run a fan to give a pressure boost at the
intake. A 48V system will not help. The purpose of using higher voltage is
to deliver the same amount of power with less current ( P = IV ). A 48V
alternator connected to a motor where a 12V one used to be will not
necessarily increase the total power output.

I also remember reading somewhere that mechanical belt-driven superchargers
actually operate close to the point where they use more power than they
deliver from pressurizing the intake manifold, which is why turbocharging
was invented ? ( or the GTA-SA ! gee, howcome dual hydraulic superchargers
never caught on? )

ps - I would never personally use the floor jack method of removing /
installing front suspension springs. The all-thread / gradual method seems
safest to me. Those big springs scare the hell out of me. What would happen
if one went "ca-boing" whilst being compressed?

Peace & Godspeed
Rich M
72 GTV, AROC