Driveshaft Balance (winding down - - )

Mark Manley posted the correct wording of TSB #89.01 which I misread on the
gif image Carson Damm has sent me; where I assumed the unreadable blur was
'washers' it was actually 'two nuts'. Interesting and probably useful
information as it would seem the second nut would mean a longer bolt. Again,
thanks to both Mark and Carson. I know more than I did yesterday.

In AD8-980 Richard Arnold wrote "Yes, Yes, can you imagine an unbalanced
propeller shaft turning at engine speed as with Alfettas, GTV6s, and Milanos?
The service manual even suggests it for the early cars with a normal tranny".
If he or anyone else can give chapter and verse on the service manual that
suggests it for "the early cars with a normal tranny" I would appreciate it.
There is nothing in the shop manual 1222 which covers the driveshaft and rear
axle, or in any other factory or aftermarket manual I have.

Pat Braden, after saying he's "never experienced any of the balance troubles
I've heard so much about" gives (p.170) the hose-clamp balancing method which
Fred Di Matteo has also described. He does this with a healthy dollop of the
Braden sense of humor (which may be the culprit in some relations with more
literal-minded people), advising to shut the engine off before trying to
adjust the hose clamp, and ends the section with "Since we don't have Weber
carburetors to balance any more, we now have Alfetta driveshafts."

Cheers

John H.