Re: How long to rebuild a motor?

Two days to two years.  It really depends on the person.  I took nearly
a year to do the gearbox on my GTV6, from gearbox out to driving again,
with it sitting for weeks at a time while I did other things.  The actual
time spent doing the work was probably only 40 hours.

If you spend time on it every night and every weekend, taking your time,
learning, and buying tools and supplies as you go, you could probably
do it in 3-4 weeks.

Most people, however, don't dedicate this much time to it.  Once you
pull the engine, don't expect to drive the car again for several months
while you weave the job into the rest of your life.  If you want to drive
the car again in a week, give the car to someone else to do the job.
An experienced, well-equipped shop can do it in 5-10 days, in and out.

james montebello
'84 gtv6
'78 sprint veloce (it's here! it's here!)