Re: Driveshaft vibrations:

 Let me start off by saying there is a lot more to the driveshaft then the
gumbos.

This is what I had to do and did.
Take the drive shaft out of the car......  Not a job I enjoy.
Take it completely apart.   When you separate the sections you will find
centering bushings, that keep the two sections of the shaft straight.  The
grease may have come out and the bushing may have became rusted, and cocked
or froze up so the shaft does not spin true. Grease them up and/or replace
as necessary.
Make sure the mid bearing is in good shape. Replace if any doubt.
Put he shaft back in the car and leave the front spline loose.
Start the engine and let run for a short time (30sec.). This is to let the
shaft find its own center position front to back.   It should run smooth.
Shut it off and tighten the spline with slight back pressure on the spline,
 All the extra nuts and hose clamps are used to cover up another problem.
 Might want to take the driveshaft to a drive line shop to make sure the
shaft is in balance.  I.E. tabs are there.

Mike Guliano
Phoenix,  Arizona
84 GTV6  3.0L
AROC