GTV6, Milano, Alfetta Driveshaft Vibration

I wrote:

"I can only conclude that these extra nuts were added at the factory to
help balance the driveshaft."

To which Biba wrote:

"Can't argue with an original car owner but all the Alfetta driveshafts
definitely have small metal plates spot welded on their circumference -
obviously for balance purposes. It would amaze me the factory would
use extra nuts for balancing"

I don't want to give the impression that the driveshaft in my Milano
was not balanced in the "normal" way -- it does contain the small metal
plates spot welded to the driveshaft.

IMO the driveshaft was balanced at the factory
off the car, most likely without front and rear donuts.

I think the extra nuts were added by Luigi to the  rear donut bolts to
"fine-tune"
the balance of the driveshaft after the driveshaft was installed in the car.
Perhaps
when the car was test run at the factory, it was out of spec wrt driveshaft
vibration
and so was given this "special treatment".

Rich Hirsch