Re: mix-and-match car assembly

I'll defer to John's documentation on the subject.  Joe Benson certainly
implies in his "Illustrated Guide" that the 750 & 101 switch involved
some mix-and-match assembly.  I've certainly witnessed such mix-and-match
on small-volume motorcycle manufacturers, many of which would use three
or four different brands of some common part (like a voltage regulator)
in more-or-less random fashion.  Alfa seemed to do something similar
wrt hydraulics (ATE v. Benditalia v. Bonaldi), at least for a period.

As Andy points out, many of these cars are quite old, and have often
changed hands many times.  The common practice of looking at other cars
to determine what's "correct" is highly flawed.  The Alfetta I'm about
to get, for example, has a hatch off a GTV6 (a gasketed rear windscreen
with heater wires [also has a third eye brake light, so it's probably an
'86 GTV6]).

james montebello
'84 gtv6
'78 alfetta gt (coming soon)