"SZ-style" DeDion bushing in an Alfetta

up until last year, it'd been my opinion that substituting heim joints or
other spherical bearings in SCCA IT suspensions was a highly questionable
practice. i have spent a little time discussing it with Kurt Weiss of the
SCCA Competition board, and he's persuaded me that the Comp board intended
such bearing substitutions to be legal as long as the control arms/other
suspension members and the mounting points are not modified to facilitate
the swap.

therefore, the SZ-style DeDion bushing has suddenly gotten my attention, as
it's evidently a legal IT mod. has anyone gotten it to work in an Alfetta?
IAP's catalog claims it works, but Alfettas generally require a different
bushing there from the GTV-6/Milano.

i'm also pondering substituting spherical bearings of some kind in the
front suspension inner mounting points.

thanks in advance,
  richard