Re: alfa-digest V8 #971

On Tuesday, July 30, 2002, at 12:44 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:31:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Montebello <jamesm@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: "shelf" license plate lights

For many small volume manufacturers, the line between model years is
often blurred. Parts left over from the previous run are often used on
later runs, so you get mix-and-match cars built near a model year switch.
From reading, this certainly appeared to be true for Alfa in the 50s and
early 60s. I can't say if it was still true by the 70s, but I'd not be
at all surprised if it were.

james montebello

It was true in the eighties! My GTV-6 is registered as an '86. It has (I should say HAD. I took it off) the dopey fibreglass filler between the tail lights, the removable frame strut over the driveline, and the improved shifter. What it does NOT have is the centrally located brake light required by US law starting in '86. I've a friend who also has an '86 GTV-6 and his DOES have the light. Like you said: mix and match.