re: engine weight

**weight between 1300, 1600, 1750, and 2000
engines?  **

The 1300 and 1600 will certainly be lighter with their
single counterbalance crankshafts.  Those cranks weigh
nearly 1/2 the weight of their fully counterweighted
brethren.
I suspect the fully counterweighted crank allows for
smoother spinning at higher revs.  Adriansen's
book  'Alleggerita' shows an Autodelta 1600 crank that
was fully counterweighted.  I've always wonderered if
the 1600's found in later european '70's-and-on Alfas
ever utilized a fully counterweighted crank, could be
the hot setup!

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 GTA 1600 w/single counterweighted crank