Crane Ignition in Bosch JF-4

Subject: electronic ignition for Bosch 041 ???
Has anyone ever fitted an electronic ignition system to the older Bosch
JF4...041 distributor (i.e. crane, compu-fire, pertronix)?
If so, please give me a shout and let me know what you did? how it worked out?
how easy it was? etc.
Tim Lentz
Tampa, FL

I'm running an Allison, now Crane, ignition through a JF-4 distributor, replacing the original Marelli on my '72 Spider. It was given to me off a parting-out Sport Sedan, where it had been for several years at least.

I replaced the rotor at about 40,000 miles in my car, cleaned the rotor and cap contacts last weekend after another 10,000. It has performed flawlessly. The JF-4's small size makes working in that congested part of the engine easier, too.

YMWV,
Joe