Re: headlight aiming

In a message dated 7/29/2002 7:48:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> ate: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:42:36 -0400
> From: "Bain, Bill" <Bill.Bain@domain.elided>
> Subject: headlight aiming
>
> Many years ago, one could buy a tool that fit on the three little bumps
> on American headlights for aiming them.  My Milano needs to have the
> headlights aimed and do you think I can find one of those doggone tools?
> Of course not, so does one get headlights aimed nowadays?
>
> Bill Bain
> AROC Atlanta
> '83 Spider (Euro H4 headlights)
> '87 Milano (needs better lights)

       I have a poor man's method!  Flat driveway leading to a garage door.
Pull up close to the door, turn on high beams and slowly back away.  The beam
should just "blossom" on the door.  If it travels up or down or sideways,
readjust for no movement.  That adjusts the headlights for directly ahead
which is legal in every state I have messed with.

Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.