Re: Milano hood latch

 Attention Iona Anya
(Your email account would not let me respond to you directly so here is my
reply.)
Honestly, I never changed the cable. BUT.... I have adjusted mine. On the end
of my cable, I have a set screw on the ferrul. Just loosen the screw and
slide the ferrul down a little, then tighten the set screw.  This will
shorten the cable and take up the slack.
Now this all depends on what your cable does. Does it have a solid end? Or
the adjustable one?  With someone pulling on the handle, does the cable end
at the latch move? If it doesn't move the cable may be broken.
After thinking about this for a minute, I don't think the replacement job
would be very difficult. But, I think the most prudent thing to do is remove
the front  driver seat. This way you can lay flat on your back to work on the
removal and installation. The seat bolts are inside the car located in the
seat tracks. Allen head bolts to be exact.
The job is consistent of just removing the the screws and kick panel, but you
might get away with not having to. I will double check tomorrow in the
daylight. ( Its currently dark out with a thunder storm). :-/   If you need
any more coaching just sent me an email.
I don't have any books to work with, so everything I know is learn as you do.
Personally, I think thats the best way to learn.
If you have a digi-cam, sent me some pics of the end of the cable. You might
just need to adjust it.
Tim Timko
88 Alfa Romeo Milano Platinum
82 Lancia Zagato