Re: DeDion Tube Pivot on Milano

On Monday, July 29, 2002, at 11:07 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:40:03 -0400
From: Mark Denovich <mark@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: 164 S Conversion - DeDion Tube Pivot on Milano

 From what I've heard it's not well suited to the street (noisy,
vibrations, susceptible to dirt/water/etc), but does dramatically
improve handling.

A better solution (for the street) is probably a polyurethane bushing.
  Superpro, an austrailian company, makes a poly deDion bush.   AlfaBill
used to sell them, but he's out.   The part number is SPF1830K.

http://www.superpro.com.au/html/ci_sp_int.htm lists their international
distributors.   I haven't contacted the US distributor yet, but I plan
to at some point.   Right now the deDion bush is still pretty far down
on my to-do list.

	--Mark

Eaton, Jason wrote:
Correct it's the SZ modification .. Sorry.

I have heard two stories on this modification one that it dramatically
IMPROVES the handling, the other that it makes the ride so rough that you
cannot ride comfortably in it.
IAP sells them but Larry Dickman of APE tells me that it makes the car unsuitable for anything other than racing/autocross due to the harsh ride. He doesn't recommend it for a street Alfas.

George Graves