Non-flashy radios...

John Paradiso sayeth:
>The hardest part right now seems to be finding a stereo/CD player that
>doesn't light up like a Christmas tree when you turn it on. Dude, most >of these things are seriously gaudy!

You won't find them at the local Best Buy, but in my search for a non-gaudy cd deck, I'd have to say the Nakamichi cd decks are pretty classy looking, along with the Becker units.

The Becker units can be seen (if you can navigate their not-so-good website) at:

www.beckerautosound.com

Or, for a better designed website, go to the source at:

www.becker.de

The Mexico and Mexico Pro look *serious.*  Maybe you could talk one of our Europe-based digesters into shipping you one of these...  The Nakamichi units would probably be easier to find in the States, and you can check them out at:

http://www.nakamichiusa.com/auto/

Of course, I have no interest in these companies, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc.

- Paul Witek