Re: 164 S Conversion - DeDion Tube Pivot on Milano

From what I've heard it's not well suited to the street (noisy, vibrations, susceptible to dirt/water/etc), but does dramatically improve handling.

A better solution (for the street) is probably a polyurethane bushing. Superpro, an austrailian company, makes a poly deDion bush. AlfaBill used to sell them, but he's out. The part number is SPF1830K.

http://www.superpro.com.au/html/ci_sp_int.htm lists their international distributors. I haven't contacted the US distributor yet, but I plan to at some point. Right now the deDion bush is still pretty far down on my to-do list.

--Mark

Eaton, Jason wrote:

Correct it's the SZ modification .. Sorry.
I have heard two stories on this modification one that it dramatically
IMPROVES the handling, the other that it makes the ride so rough that you
cannot ride comfortably in it.