24V EGR system

Hi all,
I got my hands on a 24V engine recently, that does not have an EGR system
on it. The intake plenum is not equipped for it either! I have seen a Q
and an LS that all had the EGR system and have never seen one without it.
Both the LS and Q were 1995 models though. Was the EGR system a 1995
addition and the 1994 model did not have it? Would the ECU be different
with and without the system?

Karl
'95 164Q
'91 164L