Giulia Super dash wiring

I'm almost finished re-installing the dash in my 71 Giulia Super after
fixing the gaping hole the first owner cut to install a monstrous 1970s-era
radio.  All the instruments and warning lights are back in the dash and
working as they should, but I'm puzzled over the wiring that goes to the
ashtray and cigarette lighter in the bottom center of the dash.

I'm committed a classic error here; I didn't make detailed notes on this
part of the dash because it was simple and I thought it would only be apart
for a few days.  Well, a few days stretched into four weeks, and I've
forgotten a couple of details.  Here's the question:

Behind the pull-down cover for the ashtray, the Super has a cigarette
lighter with an orange, lighted ring around it.  I've found and connected
the red and yellow wires that go to the lighter, but there are two other
connections in the back of the ashtray that I haven't been able to make.
There's a white wire with a male spade connector coming off the bulb that
illuminates the lighter.  This should connect with a wire that serves the
dash lights, I think, but I can't find a loose connection anywhere for this
wire to plug in to.  There is also another male spade connector, which
appears to be for a ground wire, fastened to the sheetmetal  of the back of
the ashtray but, again, there doesn't seem to be a stray wire that should
terminate there.

If someone who has one of these cars would be willing to pull out the ash
tray and tell me where the power source is for the light and what is
connected to the spade attached to the sheet metal, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,
Dana Loomis