164 inner steering tie-rod

Did anyone change an inner tie-rod on a 164 recently?
Did you notice how the cardisc goes skipping over how to change them? Did you
notice how they're all round, with nowhere to grab them from? How about the
safety punch at the threaded end that goes into the rack? Did you re-punch
the new rod, to secure it? What did you use to remove the old-one, to thread
it out from the rack?
Well, if nobody bumped into these yet, I promise you an entertaining time
while trying to do the job. I even wonder if the whole rack can decide to
twist in its supports while you try to crack loose the old inner tie-rod.
I replaced one but, surprise-surprise, the other would not separate from the
outer tie-rod, probably from being blow-torch heated at allignment. The nut
was seized too.
Vlad