Re: Headers cause emissions changes, why?

Jon Pike wrote:
I used to hear the classic Alfa cast iron headers were pretty darn good anyway.. you wouldn't get much
out of a new one, for street use anyway, is this still the case?
I have heard that Alfa 4-cylinder cast iron manifolds are pretty hard to beat. But the headers in question are V6 headers, and there is quite a bit to be gained. For me having a system that wasn't rusty, had better ground clearance, and was easier to deal with (the flexi-pipe section is really handy) was as, if not more, important than additional power.

The power is impressive... a GTV6.org poster claims +12hp in his 3.0 mostly above 4k rpm. I found after installing my headers, that I kept bouncing of the rev-limiter. My tach is out of adjustment, and I just learned to shift when I felt the power plateau around 5k rpm... It's not there anymore.

--Mark