Re: Tire size calculator

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:39:01 -0400 John Paradiso <johnp@domain.elided> wrote:
> Richard's post regarding tire sizes prompted me to search for this site
> that
> I had stumbled on in the past:
> http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

> Very useful when contemplating alternate tire sizes.

two list members have provided me with some nice spreadsheets for gearbox
calculations which can also help with tiresize issues. the two spreadsheets
represent very different takes on gearbox calculations, so both will go on
the site.

when i get organized, i'm going to put them on the server, and i'll also do
a third spreadsheet which i need for my own nefarious purposes -- it will
allow you to enter gearbox and final drive ratios and compute how far one
rear wheel will turn (with the other rear wheel immobilized) for one
revolution of the crank, for each gear.

it's an scca tech inspector sort of deal. i need it to help keep those
formula vee guys in line, but some more conventional enthusiasts may find
it useful for other purposes.

richard