Re:recurrent hood dent

"These dips/ bumps that have caused this trouble and no big deal for my
wife's Jaguar or my Giulia 1300 Super.  Have others had this problem with
their spiders?  Is this unique to series four spiders, or is it all of them?
I've had my motor mounts checked and they seem OK. (the car only has 35,000
mi on it.)  Would new shocks help?  Should I get stiffer springs?"

I'd say you're a prime candidate for a hood scoop.  Take a trip to Pep Boys
this Saturday for a nice subtle 8 inch riser, some fiberglass and a couple
cans of Krylon.  Not only will this solve the problem of denting your hood,
you'll scare the hell out of every little British car you come across.  Its
all about respect...

Cheers,
Lawrence
'71 GTV