From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Timothy Leigh Rodgers
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 8:10 PM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: recurrent hood dent

My 1992 Spider is quite low (stock car) and I have to go at a creep over
any
bump, dip, or driveway.  I couple of times I've inadvertently hit a dip
hard
enough that the engine has come up and dented the underside of the hood.
Once I cracked the pan (in spite of a pan guard).  I had the hood
flattened
and repainted-and damn! It happened again (the hood dent, not the
cracked
pan.)  I'm now getting the hood fixed and repainted again, and would
like to
prevent this from happening again in the future. These dips/ bumps that
have
caused this trouble and no big deal for my wife's Jaguar or my Giulia
1300
Super.  Have others had this problem with their spiders?  Is this unique
series four spiders, or is it all of them?
I've had my motor mounts checked and they seem OK. (the car only has
35,000
mi on it.)  Would new shocks help?  Should I get stiffer springs?  Any
advice would be appreciated.

Timothy
'71 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1300 Super
'78 Alfa Romeo F-12 Diesel Van