Spider A/C engine miss

Has anyone had this happen:

My 87 Spider Quad "misses" when I have the AC on and idling.  If I was moving
(say on the HWY or at least 20-30 mph) the car runs fine.  Only on idle does
it miss and want to stall.  It only started recently.  It use to run fine,
idle or at speed.

Anyone with any ideas?

 A few things come to mind, first is the charging system in good condition.
When turning on the AC the magnetic clutch is almost a dead short and pulls a
lot of voltage/amps. If the charging system is not up to par the lower voltage
may make the ECU act up.

Secondly, when the AC system comes on it may be moving a hose or something
that is messing with the fuel or spark.

Third, check the discharge pressure on the AC compressor and see what it is.
If over filled it may be putting a load on the motor.

I would first have someone turn the AC system on and off as you look to see if
anything is moving under the hood. Then I would use a volt meter and see if
the voltage drops significantly. Then I would check the discharge pressure on
the AC compressor.

The above information is given freely and is worth exactly what your are
paying.

Cordova Ralph
Ralph Fetsch
Cordova Tennessee