Re: ES30 suspension

On Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at 10:07 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

 >IIRC, one reason Alfa didn't import the SZ30 was the
 >suspension. That car drops to a lower ride height at
 >some speed, changing the bumper height.

This is not true.  I've studied the ES30 / SZ suspension for a long time
and all literature specifies that the ride height is driver adjustable via
a pushbutton, but there is no automatic "lowering" feature of the car when
it passes a certain speed threshold.

What is true is the damper rates is variable, between "Normal" and "Sport"
  modes (SZ users please chime in with the correct words you see on your
switch console).

On a related subject -- I have heard of rumors of one or two SZ's floating
around in Southern California.  However, their owners shun questions for a
simple reason; if those cars are somehow here extra-legally they could
lose their cars.  At the last AROC Nationals in Costa Mesa, I saw at least
two never-imported-to-the-US cars in the parking lots with their owners
bubbling excitedly about their acquisition but not displaying their cars
in the concours for aforementioned fears.  Don't ask me who they are, I've
forgotten.

So, Mr. Besic ... if you'd like, my wife and I would like to get in on a
"Group Buy" with you.  Drop me e-mail.

Nizam, various transaxle Alfas
California, CA
Will work for SZ in my garage